Riverland Paddling Marathon
News update on the Riverland Paddling Marathon
Up to date weather forecasts for the Riverland are available from the Bureau of Meteorolgy site at http://www.bom.gov.au/sa/forecasts/riverland.shtml
You can also get a good weather summary from farmonline. This link is for Waikerie http://weather.farmonline.com.au/sa/murray/waikerie
I also discovered this link on the weekend – http://www.willyweather.com.au/sa/riverland.html. It has the most amazing forecasting, especially of wind speed, which will be our major concern over the weekend.
There are excellent flows at present and Tony Sharley from Flow Tracker has provided a graphic that you can download below
- The areas around the Locks are unrecognisable from the low water years
- All Murray 200 & Relay paddlers will collect at all Locks and be timed in and out as they go through the Lock
- The road to Devlin’s Pound is very rough at the moment
- Hogwash Bend still has significant water in the camping area
- You must register for the race dinner on Saturday morning so we can let our hosts know number
Watch this web page for up to date news
Please do not forget you must have all compulsory equipment on your body or craft at all times. This includes our new race bibs.